What We Do
The Transportation Division enhances safety and mobility in Palo Alto’s transportation system while protecting environmental resources and preserving the community's quality of life. The Transportation Division is responsible for parking management, traffic operations, the bicycle system, area transportation studies, public transit service, regional transportation activities, the Palo Alto Shuttle system, and neighborhood traffic calming.
Areas of Work
Our work generally falls into the following categories.
- Bicycling and Walking
- Safe Routes to School
- Palo Alto Shuttle
- Traffic Operations and Safety
- Transportation Projects
What We’re Up to Now
We're staying busy with the following projects.
- Neighborhood Traffic Safety & Bicycle Boulevard Projects - Phase 1
- Neighborhood Traffic Safety & Bicycle Boulevard Projects - Phase 2
- Grand Boulevard Palo Alto
- Citywide Engineering and Traffic Speed Surveys
- Churchill Avenue Multi-Modal Improvements
Want to learn more?
Check out these helpful transportation resources.