Planning & Community Environment
What We Do
The Planning and Community Environment (PCE) Department provides the City Council and community with creative guidance and effective implementation of land use development, planning, transportation, housing and environmental policies, plans
The PCE Department includes the following functional areas.
- Long Range Planning
- Current Planning
- Historic Preservation Planning
- Transportation (including Safe Routes to School, Parking & Traffic Engineering)
- Code Enforcement
Note: Building permits and general zoning and development review are handled by the Development Services Department.
Check out some of the most commonly visited pages on our website.
- 2030 Comprehensive Plan
- Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) Ordinance Update
- City of Palo Alto Municipal Code
- Development Forms and Applications
- Housing Work Plan
- North Ventura Coordinated Area Plan
- Parcel Reports
- Traffic and Zoning Concerns
Please follow the below links to learn how to connect with us in person or by phone or email.