Community Services Department
What We Do
The Community Services Department offers dozens of urban and neighborhood parks; outstanding classes for adults and kids; 40 miles of hiking trails; a municipal golf course; fascinating art exhibits; pools, fields and gyms for peak fitness. Whether you're looking for educational activities for your kids, a place to relax or place to explore the world around you, Palo Alto's Community Services Department is proud to offer programs, activities and parks to meet all the needs of your family and to sustain a positive quality of life!
Visit the Palo Alto Unified School District website for information on the Cubberley Community Center Master Plan.
Foothills Park Updates
Foothills Park is now open to everyone as of December 17th, 2020. Holidays and weekend have continued to see very high visitation. Weekend entrance fees are in effect as of February 27th. An annual pass is also available for purchase and fee's are waived for certain age groups.
- Daily Vehicle Entrance Fee is as follows:
- $6 per vehicle per day.
- Free entry for the following: City designated volunteers that day in the preserve, Active Military, veterans, students with ID who are driving, and vehicles with disabled person placard/license plate.
- Annual Pass (for vehicles that hold 9 people or less):
- $50 for residents and City employess
- $65 for non-residents
- 25% discount for seniors (resident or non-resident)
- Free for active military, veterans, and low - income visitors (residents or non-resident)
- Annual passes can be purchased the following ways:
- Online via the Enjoy Online activities and programs registration site. Click HERE to purchase your annual pass today!
- By phone, please call 650-463-4949.
- In person at Lucie Stern Community Center on Tuesdays from 9:00AM - 5:00PM.
- Active military and veterans: via phone or in-person only (bring valid military or veteran identification)
- Low income visitors: Fee reduction required. After application approval, annual pass can be obtained online, via phone, or in person. Please click HERE for Fee Reduction Application.
Areas of Work
CSD is separated into the following areas.
- Community Services Administration
- Office of Human Services
- Palo Alto Art Center
- Palo Alto Children's Theatre
- Palo Alto Junior Museum & Zoo
- Public Art Program
- Open Space, Parks & the Palo Alto Baylands Golf Links
- Recreation Services
Boulware Park Renovation and Expansion Project
Web-Cast Community Meeting
Monday, December 7th at 11am and 6:30pm
Meeting will review the updated design for community input
RSVP to receive the meeting invite to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy! Classes & Activities
We're back safely!
Check out our catalog of onsite, in-person classes for adults and children with enhanced safety protocols and modified class structures as well as adult and youth virtual classes. Visit EnjoyOnline! To browse a full listing of programs or contact us at email@example.com. Visit our Virtual Programs page to browse our current programs.
Community Services Department