How to Help Those Impacted by the Wildfires
If you’d like to assist victims of the devastating California wildfires, consider donating through the organizations below:
- The California Community Foundation’s Wildfire Relief Fund supports intermediate and long-term recovery efforts for major California wildfires, as well as preparedness efforts.
- The Red Cross is providing both shelter and emotional support for evacuees. Visit RedCross.org, or text REDCROSS to 90999 to make an automatic $10 donation.
- The Salvation Army is providing meals in local churches, fairgrounds and a community college to those affected by the wildfires.
- For the Camp Fire in Paradise / Chico, a list of ways to support are listed on the Action News Now Donate page
- For the Woolsey and Hill Fire in Malibu / Ventura, a list of ways to support can be found on ABC7's Site
In addition, a fund was also set up by the Butte County Sheriff Posse for 47 Butte County deputies who lost their homes, vehicles, and belongings in the Camp Fire, visit a Mighty Cause to help.
Last Updated: November 18, 2018