Palo Alto Welcome Week for Newcomers
Palo Alto is already known as an inclusive community and now it is extending the welcome mat by participating in Palo Alto Welcome Week, a community collaboration led by the Palo Alto Family YMCA from September 14-21.
This week is part of the National Welcoming Week and celebrates new Americans and all newcomers to our community. It’s a chance for both immigrants and local residents to get to know each other and learn what unites us as a community. Some of the activities planned are:
- Welcome Week Kick-off Party at the Palo Alto Art Center for the fall exhibition, Care and Feeding: The Art of Parenthood on Friday, Sept. 14.
- Take one of several self-guided storytelling walking tours hosted by the Y.
- Explore immigrant stories through written word and videos at the Palo Alto Libraries, and videos from “Made into America” from the Midpen Media Center.
- Share your newcomer story of when you (or your family) arrived, and how you contribute to our community (personal or business) - through our online portal.
- Join us at Avenidas for the Fall Moon Festival on Friday, Sept. 21.
Find more information at: PaloAltoWelcomeWeek.org.
Last Updated: August 20, 2018