Crosswalk Safety Enhancements Coming to El Camino Real
Caltrans will soon begin constructing crosswalk safety enhancements at the following intersections along El Camino Real in Palo Alto:
- Palo Alto Avenue/ El Camino Real
- College Avenue/ El Camino Real
- Fernando Avenue/ El Camino Real
- Wilton Avenue/ Barron Avenue/ El Camino Real
- Vista Avenue/ El Camino Real
- Monroe Drive/ El Camino Real
The safety enhancements include what are known as Pedestrian Hybrid Beacons (PHB) and sidewalk extensions at corners, also known as bulb-outs. Caltrans has prepared this concise video to demonstrate a PHB signal already installed.
Caltrans is expected to complete the work by fall of 2019. View the Caltrans official project flyer.
Last Updated: August 8, 2018