Donate and Make a Difference
The Palo Alto Library is grateful to the Friends of the Palo Alto Library and the Library Foundation for their continued support. Through them, the library is able to provide programming for all ages, enrich our collections and furnish our new facilities.
We encourage you to join or donate to one of these groups to keep our libraries in the pink. These links make it easy!
- Join the Friends of the the Palo Alto Library. They support Palo Alto’s libraries and its users through advocacy, volunteerism, contributions, and book sales. The Friends fund many vital library needs, such as expansion and renovation of the Children’s Library, new books, computers and printers, children’s summer reading programs, and online resources.
- Donate books and other items to the Friends of the Palo Alto Library. Donated books, DVDs, CDs, and records go to their monthly sales and redistribution efforts to other non-profit organizations. Your donations provide others with very low-cost access to reading materials, decrease the burden on our landfills, and yield a tax deduction for you as well. For more information about donating materials to the Library, please read the Donations for the Collection Policy.
- Donate to the Palo Alto Library Foundation. They are working on an ambitious capital campaign to fill our new libraries with the books, computers, shelves, and furniture that will make them come alive.
- Finally, we really appreciate your donation. Every penny helps! You will find a donation box at every branch to contribute money directly to the Library.
- If you have any questions or problems, contact the Library.