Library Mobile Solutions
Library Catalog and Your Library Account:
- Search the library catalog & manage your account via the mobile site.
- MyLibrary! app (currently for iOS only. Android version is planned for end 2016)
- Access your account.
- Search the catalog.
- Scan a book barcode to see what formats of the book are in the library collection.
- Connect to library social media.
eBooks, eAudio and electronic newspapers:
- eBooks & audiobooks can be checked out for up to 21 days.
- Download and enjoy anywhere on your favorite mobile device or eReader.
- Automatic expiration means there’s no action required to return, so you’ll never get late fees.
- Learn more about getting started with eBooks & audiobooks on the eBook Basics web page.
- Register for an account and set up a profile for our Beanstack kids' book & app recommendations service. Book recommendations come with learning tips to enhance the experience. Curated by librarians to provide personalized book recommendations matched to your child's age & interests!
- Storyplay*r allows you to read and record children's stories for playback later on any device.
Local, national and international newspapers:
- Read your choice of over 2,200 national and international newspapers from 97 countries in over 54 languages through PressReader.
1. Visit the website
2. Download the PressReader app on your personal device, and get unlimited access to the entire content catalog whenever you visit our physical library buildings.
Additionally, once you leave the library your device will be authorized for an additional 48 hours of access.
Download PressReader app:
iOS | Android | Microsoft | Windows | Amazon | Blackberry
1. Access from home via our website or in our catalog and logging in with library card/PIN.
Learn a Language:
Mango Languages is a language learning system that teaches conversation skills, vocabulary, grammar, and culture for the world's most popular languages.
Mango includes 35 foreign languages for English speakers and 15 English-as-a-Second-Language courses for speakers of other languages.
Zinio for Libraries provides full text color magazines that you download and keep - no over-dues, no late fees.
Popular titles from business to fashion, computers to health.
- Access the Zinio library collection in your web browser to check out with a Zinio for Libraries account.
- Checked out magazines can be downloaded and read in the Zinio for Libraries app using the same account login.
- Return to the library magazine collection in your web browser to check out additional magazines.
- More information about Zinio for Libraries
Flipster is a next-generation digital magazine service for browsing the latest issues of popular magazines.
no over-dues, no late fees.
- Access the Flipster library collection in your web browser to check out with your library card number.
- Checked out magazines can be downloaded and read in the Flipster app.
- Magazines have a check out period, which is displayed when you open the magazine. If the time runs out and you haven't finished reading, just check it out again.
- More information about Flipster.
Kono for Libraries - provides library cardholders with free access to popular digital magazine titles from Taiwan, Hong Kong and Japan.
Museum and Event Passes:
Discover & Go allows users to reserve free and discount passes to a wide variety of Bay Area museums and other cultural destinations.
- Downloadable music is available to you through Freegal.
Download 5 songs free each week from a collection of over 7 million tracks in the standard MP3 format which is compatible across devices.
The songs never expire; they’re yours to keep.
- iOS app
- Android app
- Stream entire music albums with Hoopla. Choose from tens of thousands of music albums to play in the free app on your iOS or Android smartphone/tablet. Get the free app, then sign up for an account using your library card.
- InstantFlix brings the film festival experience home with independent films, shorts & documentaries from around the world including the best of Sundance, Cannes, Tribeca, and more.
Unlimited access--all videos in the collection are available anytime -- no waitlists, no due dates, no late fees!
Watch online right inside the web browser on your tablet or smartphone.
InstantFlix requires the one-time creation of an RBdigital account.
If you already have an RBdigital account to check out digital magazines with Zinio for Libraries, you can simply use the same account
- Hoopla includes thousands of popular and hard-to-find movies & TV shows.
Titles can be borrowed for instant streaming while online or for temporary downloading to view later on the go. Download the free hoopla digital app to enjoy on your Android or iOS mobile device.
- Gale Access My Library : Find reliable information, available 24/7, from current magazines, journals, encyclopedias, how-to guides, and more.
AccessMyLibrary uses GPS to find libraries within a 10-mile radius of your location and then gives you free, unlimited access to their reputable, authoritative Gale online resources, without needing to log in.
Get the app for iOS or Android.
- EbscoHost Mobile : Research any topic right in the palm of your hand, and including Consumer Reports magazine articles & Nolo Press legal self-help eBooks.
Automatically redirects to mobile version of the website for the mobile web browser.
App is also available for iOS and Android:
To download the EBSCOhost app, access EBSCOhost on a computer web browser. Click the link at the bottom of any EBSCOhost page to email yourself the download instructions, access key, and a link to the app store.
- Looking to find a person or a business? AtoZ Databases’ app allows you to quickly find businesses and residents across the U.S. Download the iOS app here.
Teen Health & Wellness: Teen Hotlines is a free app listing hotlines, help lines, and web sites organized by subject. From school violence and depression to eating disorders and suicide, these national organizations can also refer teens to state and local services in their community.
Users can also store a username and password allowing them to access Teen Health & Wellness with just one click.
Keep in touch with the library! Interact with us and get all the latest news by following us through popular social media sites on your smartphone or tablet.
Last Updated: Oct 3, 2017