Welcome to the Library!
The Library's Vision
A flourishing city where people achieve their dreams.
The Library's Mission
The Palo Alto City Library connects our diverse community through knowledge, resources, and opportunities. We nurture innovation, discovery, and delight.
The Palo Alto City Library benefits from the combination of the superb Friends of the Palo Alto Library and an extremely generous public constituency. Through this support, the library is able to provide programming for all ages, enrich our collections and furnish our facilities.
- + Library
- Strategic plan of the Palo Alto City Library for 2018 - 2021Revision Date: 11/16/2018
- List of the common fees & fines for the libraryRevision Date: 12/1/2015
- + Statistics and Reports
- FY2019 LAC Annual Library Statistics HighlightsRevision Date: 2/5/2020
- The Aspen Institute in partnership with the Palo Alto City Library and Community Services Department convened community leaders from diverse constituencies. The day-long roundtable in Palo Alto, California on September 13, 2018 focused on the key themes of learning, innovation and community. Participants examined how to align goals for service to residents of Palo Alto and consider creative and innovative pathways toward pursuing them.Revision Date: 11/29/2018
- + Using the Library
- Revision Date: 10/26/2016