Fines of any amount can be paid by cash or check at all library branches.
Fines of any amount can be paid by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover & American Express) at all library branches except College Terrace.
Fines can be paid online by credit card.
To pay fines online, login to your library account and go to your Fines.
Use the Pay Online button to make your payment online with a credit card.
You must have your library card number and PIN number to log into your library account and pay online.
Please Read Carefully Before Continuing
THE CITY OF PALO ALTO REQUIRES THAT YOU READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE BEFORE YOU MAY USE IT.
1. By using this web site, you agree to pay the amount due toward Library fines and fees. This web site handles payments only for Palo Alto City Library fines and fees . The Palo Alto City Library is a department of the City of Palo Alto. If you have questions regarding your library fines and fees you may call the Library at 650-329-2436, email email@example.com, or visit one of the Palo Alto City Library locations:
Children's, 1276 Harriet St. Palo Alto, CA 94301
College Terrace, 2300 Wellesley St. Palo Alto, CA 94306
Downtown, 270 Forest Ave. Palo Alto, CA 94301
Mitchell Park, 3700 Middlefield Rd. Palo Alto, CA 94303
Rinconada, 1213 Newell Rd. Palo Alto, CA 94303
2. You understand and agree that the use of this web site to handle a library fine or fee payment does not alter or extend any statutory deadlines. Thus, your failure to make any payment on time or other failure to meet any deadline will not be excused even if related to malfunctions of this web site. Applicable penalties or fees may accrue as a result of failure to pay on time.
3. Payment will be applied at the time of the transaction.
4. In consideration of your use of this web site, you agree to provide true, accurate, and current information. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, or not current, or if the City of Palo Alto has reasonable grounds to believe or suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, or not current, the City of Palo Alto has the right to terminate your use of any services on this web site.
5. You understand and agree that the City of Palo Alto reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any services provided on this web site and any conditions of use with or without notice.
6. You understand and agree that the City of Palo Alto may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your access to this web site. Cause for immediate termination will include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of this User Agreement or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) discontinuance of services or content modifications to this web site, (d) technical problems or errors, and (e) extended periods of inactivity.
7. The City of Palo Alto makes no guarantees, promises, or warranties regarding the accuracy of information and data provided by a section in this web site. You agree and understand that the information and data on this web site are being provided “as-is” without warranty of any kind and that the information and data may be subject to errors and omissions. To the extent permitted by law, the City of Palo Alto disclaims all warranties, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, accuracy and fitness for a particular purpose and non –infringement. The user acknowledges and agrees that neither the City of Palo Alto nor any other governmental agency, entity or body nor any vendor or service relating in any way to our online efforts is or will be liable in any way whatsoever for the accuracy or validity of the information provided. There is no guarantee that this on-line payment application will show all of your unpaid fines and fees. Use of this service to submit payment constitutes acknowledgement that the City of Palo Alto and the processor of electronic payments assume no responsibility for data entered by services users. I hereby understand that payment is an admission of liability and I may not be afforded an opportunity to an administrative hearing.
8. In no event will the City of Palo Alto, or any other governmental agency, entity or body or any vendor or service provider associated with any of our online efforts be liable for damages of any nature based on any theory of liability, including, but not limited to, contract, negligence or other torts (including intentional torts), which may include, but is not limited to, damages for loss of property, loss of profits, lost, compromised or impaired claims, lost savings, lost fees, or any other damages whatsoever, arising out of or relating to in any way to the use of this web site. Accordingly, you acknowledge and understand that you use this web site at your own risk and that your agreement to this Section 8 is a material inducement to the City of Palo Alto’s decision to make this web site available for your use.
9. The on-line payment web site is committed to protecting your privacy. Security measures for this site have been taken to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of the information you provide; and industry standard encryption methods are used to assure security. This on-line payment site does not store any information related to your payment transaction such as name, account number, address or e-mail address and information could never be sold or rented to third parties. Nevertheless, it is crucial that, as a user, you protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer and that you always sign off when you are finished with using a shared computer. Further, you should be aware that no system is impenetrable. Thus, it is your responsibility to diligently monitor your credit card statements, bank statements and similar personal information so as to discover and address as quickly as possible any misuse of your personal information.
10. Return Policy: In cases where the user believes a charge has appeared on his or her credit card statement by an act of fraud, the user should contact his or her credit card company and that card issuer will then contact the City of Palo Alto. Do not contact the City of Palo Alto directly in this instance. In cases where you believe a duplicated charge to your credit card has occurred, please contact the Palo Alto City Library at 650-329-2436.