Office of the City Auditor
Welcome to the City Auditor Webpage
The City Auditor is a City Council Appointee and is appointed by the City Council. The City Auditor is established by City Charter and furthers the City Council’s commitment to internal auditing, transparency and accountability in government.
Per City Council direction on February 10, 2020, the Council Appointed Officers (CAO) Committee oversaw a request for proposals (RFP) process for outsourced internal auditing services, led a procurement process aligned with Council direction, and engaged in a transparent review of scope of work services, RFP evaluation, and a public interview process as part of the overall effort. The services that were solicited include management and performance auditing and oversight of the City’s independent financial auditor which completes annual financial reporting including the City’s Comprehensive Financial Report (CAFR).
The City Council will consider related actions at their September 28 Council meeting. For the meeting material and packet, go here.
Auditing Resources & Helpful Links
- Association of Local Government Auditors (ALGA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
Archived Documents & Reports
- Memos and Quarterly Reports
- Performance and Financial Audits
- Risk Assessment and Workplan
- Sales & Use Tax
- Performance Reports and National Citizen Surveys
- Status of Audit Recommendations
- Charter Authority and Municipal Code